Dance Pull Project Inc. announces its call for participants to the 2nd C-MAP (Composition and Movement Analysis Program) for choreographers and dance teachers. To be held in Bacolod, Negros Oriental, C-MAP is open to all professional dance makers whose passion is to create movements into dance. The workshop is all about movement, pure dance that could be fully applied to any dance genre the choreographer or teacher prefers.
The workshop will be conducted by Dwight Rodrigazo, former principal soloist, choreographer and dance teacher of Ballet Philippines, and former chief choreographer of Airdance Philippines. An Alliance Francaise de Manille grantee of a residency at The Centre Choreographique Nationale de Nantes- France, Rodrigazo has conducted workshops for 19 years through the Outreach and Exchange Program of the Cultural Center of the Philippines, The British Council-Philippines, Department of Education and the National Commission for the Culture and the Arts.
Rodrigazo explains that “the workshop will mainly focus on analyzing and constructing movements, and developing ideas and creativity… movements are sculpted through ideas and visualization of ideas, and constructed through intuition, knowledge and creativity.” The 2nd C-MAP will be held from the 24th up to the 31st of March, 2014, at the Dance Pull School of Performing Arts Studio: 3rd floor Ferrer bldg., Hernaez St., Bacolod City, Negros Occidental, Philippines. The scheduled activities will go on for 7 full days, with showcase of completed choreography and works in progress, a forum, a critique of shown works, and giving of certificates on the last date of the workshop.
Deadline for applications and submission of credentials is on February 24, 2014.
The 2nd C-MAP is supported by World Dance Alliance Philippines, to achieve two goals: first, to further develop choreographers’ and dance teachers’ knowledge, intuition and creativity in choreography, and to even the field of knowledge in creating dances in the Philippines; and second, to create an environment where choreographers and dance teachers are able to exchange thoughts and ideas, which WDA-Ph hopes to sustain for the long term.
The Philippine Chapter of World Dance Alliance Asia-Pacific is a collective of Philippine dance scholars, artists and dance makers, who wish to provide support and sustenance for dance in the Philippines, particularly initiatives and projects that aim to propagate dance research and scholarship, and provide opportunities for choreography, advanced education, and national and international collaboration and exchange.
MUST BE A PROFESSIONAL CHOREOGRAPHER of any Dance genre, DANCE TEACHER or P.E. Teachers handling Special Program for the Arts in Dance.
- Submission of Profile / Credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org – includes curriculum vitae and if possible video clips of recent work
- Interested participants will receive a confirmation letter with a Registration Form a day after submission of Profile / Credentials.
- Registration will be valid only after the WORKSHOP FEES have been paid fully with the submission of filled up REGISTRATION FORM.
- Only 15 choreographers/dance teachers will be selected, on a first come first serve basis.
- *DEADLINE OF SUBMISSION OF PROFILE / CREDENTIALS IS ON FEBRUARY 24, 2014.
THE WORKSHOP FEE INCLUDES:
- Registration Fee
- C-MAP Copyright Syllabus
- C-MAP Certificate
- World Dance Alliance Philippines Membership Certificate
DEADLINE OF REGISTRATION FORM and WORKSHOP FEE IS ON MARCH 4, 2014.
Workshop fees are non-refundable.
ACCOMMODATION AND TRANSPORTATION
The participants will shoulder their own Accommodation and Transportation.
The Dance Pull Project C-MaP Secretariat can provide assistance on Hotel and Transportation details.
*Participants will have to contact the Hotel and arrange their own booking.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- The Dance Pull Project C-MAP has the right to refuse any applicant/s’ participation with cause.
- The Dance Pull Project C-MAP shall not be held responsible for any injuries that may occur to any C-MAP
participant while being in the premises.
- The C-MAP is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items used during the workshop.
- By signing the C-MAP Registration Form, all participants declare that they fully accept the Rules and Regulations.
- Video/Photo and Audio Documentation is not allowed for the duration of the C-Map Workshop.
- The Dance Pull Project C-MaP Secretariat will coordinate to all participants about all the daily schedules and other details of the Workshop.
For more information, send an email to email@example.com.
3rd Floor Ferrer Bldg., Hernaez St.
Bacolod City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
Contact Nos.: 435.0801 / 0923.458.6877 / 0906.430.9355